Kanpur cold storage collapse: 6 dead and several injured
Mar 18 2017 by Desiree Burns
At least six persons have been killed and 13 others injured after a building collapsed due to an explosion that was triggered by a gas leak in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur town Wednesday, a senior police official said, APA reports quoting Xinhua. Several others are feared trapped under the debris as the explosion caused the building to collapse.
According to SP (Rural) Rajesh Kumar, the gas leak started in the chiller plant led to an explosion at the Katiyar Cold Storage in Shivrajpur area of Kanpur earlier in the afternoon.
Teams of the National Disaster Relief Force and the Provincial Armed Constabulary were carrying out rescue and relief operations, Kanpur SSP Akash Kalahari said. Eleven people, including farmers and cold storage staff, have been rescued from the rubble.
Chief Medical Officer Dr Ramayan Prasad said the five seriously injured labourers, who were rescued between 4 PM and 6 PM, were declared brought dead by doctors of the medical college-cum-hospital here. Additionally, the ambulances from nearby CHCs and private hospitals were also rushed to the scene. He said rescue workers had been given protective gear, including masks.
Are Video Games Getting More Intellectual?
And because of this, games that focus on history, geography, or other elements of the real world can now almost be educational. It may sound somewhat hard to believe, but there have already been artistic exhibitions for people’s Tilt Brush designs.
Kanpur district magistrate Kaushal Raj Sharma said around 24 labourers were having lunch when the incident happened.
The owner of the cold storage and his son are still trapped in the debris. Nine injured have been pulled out in the rescue operation, which was initially hit by leakage of ammonia gas from the cold storage.
District administration has also ordered a departmental inquiry following the initial findings of the probe which revealed that the facility was working without any permit and was found storing potato packets beyond its capacity.