Sports

Islamist arrested over soccer bus attack was IS member in Iraq

Share
The Borussia Dortmund team coach was hit by three explosions as it left the team hotel

Dortmund were forced to play the match less than 24 hours after the incident and looked noticeably shocked as they suffered a 3-2 loss in front of anxious fans.

The roadside blasts left Dortmund's Spanish worldwide Marc Bartra and a policeman injured, with the bombs "containing metal pieces" detonating minutes after the team bus set off to a planned Champions League game against Monaco on Tuesday night.

UEFA rescheduled the game for the following day, prompting Tuchel to accuse the organization of reacting as if someone "had thrown a beer on our coach" rather than blow up the team's bus.

"We were told by text message". It will obviously take time to deal with it in a proper way.

"The decision that the match should be played on Wednesday was made in consultation with all of those involved".

"We aren't animals, we're humans, who have family and children at home", said the Greece global.

Wagner, reserve team coach at German giants under Jurgen Klopp before moving to Huddersfield in 2015, said today: "It was a very poor moment for all of us".

"We were attacked as men and we tried to solve the problem on the ground".

Spanish defender Marc Bartra was injured as team was being driven to the stadium.

Tuchel was less than impressed with UEFA's decision to move the game to Wednesday, saying BVB were never even consulted which made them feel powerless in the matter.

Читайте также: Utah Jazz: Takeaways From Game 2 Loss To Clippers

Borussia Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel hit out at UEFA for disregarding the feelings of his shaken players by staging their Champions League game against Monaco less than 24 hours after a bomb attack targeted the team bus.

German authorities are investigating a line of inquiry which suggests that Islamic State, or at least an individual or group who say they support Islamic State, were behind the attack.

Members of Dortmund's squad - including Nuri Sahin and Julian Weigl - admitted after the match that the attack had an impact on their performance.

Speaking at his press conference ahead of Liverpool's game against West Brom this weekend, Klopp said: "I don't think what I say is too important".

"I needed to write and unburden myself and to settle everything so I can just think about getting 100 per cent as soon as possible".

The announcement marked a setback for investigators, who have called the three blasts late Tuesday a "terrorist" attack and said they are focusing on suspects in the "Islamist spectrum".

UEFA issued a statement in the wake of Tuchel's comments denying that either side had been forced to play.

And midfielder Sahin spoke of the difficulty he and his team-mates had gone through in playing the game.

Dortmund's players were shaken up after the attack.

Bartra, a centre-back who can also play at right-back, is in his first season with Dortmund after his summer move from Barcelona.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Share