Supreme Court allows Trump administration to enforce parts of travel ban
Jun 28 2017 by Larry Hoffman
During his presidential campaign in 2016, Trump campaigned for "a total and complete shutdown" of Muslims entering the United States, arguing the measure is needed for national security.
The top court in America has approved part of Donald Trump's controversial travel ban.
The President maintains that the steps were necessary in order to revise security screening to safeguard the nation from external threats.
The travel order had been stayed by two separate federal courts, one in Hawaii and one in Maryland.
Arsenal bid 'well over €30m' for Thomas Lemar
Arsenal , however, are yet to show their spending power off, having only signed Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer pretty early on. Liverpool chiefs have made an official enquiry to sign Arsenal attacking midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, the Sun has claimed.
"Then there are stealth attacks through memos being sent by Islamophobes in the white house to different government departments which is being used by some banks and other financial institutions to deny legitimate Muslim charities, the Muslim business, and otherwise traveling Muslims like the son of the great Muhammad Ali", the statement said.
On Monday, the Supreme Courtruled that the Trump administration could reinstate parts of the controversial order banning travelers from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen until the court hears the case in the fall. The court said a "close familial relationship is required".
Trump has said that the travel order would go into effect 72 hours after the high court ruling.
"It is regrettable that the U.S. government is ignoring the major perpetrators of the terrorist acts in the United States and gives [the world] a wrong address in broad daylight in pursuit of its shortsighted economic and business goals". Students, faculty, and staff from the six affected countries who can establish the requisite relationship should expect long delays and extensive questioning upon entry, and the lack of precision in identifying those who will qualify for admission may result in confusion in some cases. As of May 31 of this year, 46,403 refugees have been admitted into the United States, near the cap of 50,000 the Trump administration put into place.