learningandfinance.com


Culture&Arts

Barcelona target Ousmane Dembele suspended by Dortmund

Share
Lintao Zhang  GettyImages

"Borussia Dortmund has chose to continue the suspension of the player Ousmane Dembele from first-team training until further notice", a club statement read.

An initial Barca offer was rejected by Dortmund with club bosses saying it was too low.

Barcelona are struggling to bring in a replacement for Neymar, given Liverpool also rejected a €100m [£90.4m] bid for Philippe Coutinho, despite the Brazil global handing in a transfer request by email on Friday.

However, with Dembele recently going AWOL from team training, deciding instead to remain in Paris in order to force a move to the Camp Nou through, with BVB manager Peter Bosz confirming that Dembele was not in training, during a press conference on Thursday.

May God reward those praying for me - Buhari says in London
In a statement by his Femi Adesina , Buhari confirmed that his health had tremendously improved and wished to return to Nigeria. President Muhammdu Buhari, on Saturday, said falling ill has taught him "to obey orders, rather than be obeyed'".

Early Uber Investor Sues Former CEO Travis Kalanick for Fraud
Members of the board sent an e-mail to Uber staff expressing dismay over the Benchmark lawsuit , according to a copy of the note. Benchmark's suit accuses Kalanick of intending to use the board seats to put himself back in the CEO seat .

Dulquer's Bollywood debut will not be a romantic love story
The shoot for his film will begin in September first week and locations will be the picturesque locales of Ooty and Kochi. For those who are the fans of Dulquer Salmaan, here is the greatest news for you.

Speculation that a move to Barcelona was imminent soon mounted before BVB issued a statement saying a bid had been lodged by the Catalan giants but it did not meet their valuation for a player they signed from Rennes for €15m a year ago.

"We will of course sanction this misconduct", Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc said in a statement. Chelsea must spend, spend, spend!

The 20-year-old France global was fined and suspended until Monday for missing Thursday's training, but the ban has been extended indefinitely. Earlier this week, chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said a fee of €100m for the player was "in every case, not enough" and the Bundesliga club's asking price is reported to lie closer to €135m.

"Ousmane Dembele has the possibility to do individual training away from the group". "Whatever happens, happens. It's a hard situation".

Share