18-Year-Old Suspect Arrested After London Subway Blast

18-Year-Old Suspect Arrested After London Subway Blast

The suspect was taken into custody at a local police station and will later be transferred under guard to another station in south London.

Previously in 2017, four attacks in London and Manchester claimed the lives of 35 people.

The Independent quoted Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu, the senior national co-ordinator for counter-terrorism policing, as saying that "this arrest will lead to more activity from our officers". London police said that they regarded the blast as a "terrorist incident".

British Prime Minister Theresa May has raised the country's threat level from severe to critical following an attack at a London train station on Friday.

"Cordons are being put in place at a 100 metre radius to facilitate the Metropolitan Police Service's operation, which is being supported by colleagues from Surrey Police", they said.

"The bombing on a metro in London was carried out by a detachment of the Islamic State" group, it said in a statement published by its Amaq propaganda agency.

Hurricane Irma sign language interpreter spoke of pizza, bears, monsters during update
BuzzFeed News reviewed videos of the county's subsequent briefings, and found that they did not include an interpreter. Manatee County officials delivered emergency evacuation orders on September 8 as the storm was quickly approaching.

Klopp angered by 'dominant' Liverpool
Daniel Sturridge replaces Sadio Mane in the front three, with the Senegal worldwide serving the first of his three-match ban. James Tarkowski directed a long diagonal towards Robbie Brady, who got the better of Trent Alexander-Arnold in the air.

Sebastian Vettel claims Singapore pole to pile pressure on Lewis Hamilton
Spaniard Carlos Sainz, set to move to the works Renault team next year, rounded out the top 10 for Toro Rosso. Seb turned it on in qualifying but I'm looking forward to tomorrow", said the Australian.

The device detonated in the rear vehicle as the train - headed to Edgware Road - was just arriving at the Parsons Green station in southwest London.

The second arrest came the same day the police detained an 18-year-old man in connection with the bombing on Friday, calling it "a significant arrest".

Scotland Yard on Saturday scrambled to identify the attackers, who tried to blow up a packed Tube train in London, as the United Kingdom's terror threat level was raised to the highest.

Britain's threat level remained on its second-highest rank of severe following the "cowardly attack" meant to cause significant harm, said Prime Minister Theresa May.

Mrs May said: "The public will see more armed police on the transport network and on our streets, providing extra protection".

Police said 45 witnesses have been spoken to and 77 images and videos have been sent in by members of the public.