Stokes set to miss India clash at Lord's

Ben Stokes outside court

England declared Stokes available again after he pleaded not guilty at Bristol Magistrates Court last month and he flew to New Zealand to join the squad after the court hearing.

The trial itself is expected to last between five and seven days.

Stokes, 26, had been in the team which played the West Indies in Bristol for a one-day worldwide on September 24 past year.

England all-rounder Ben Stokes will miss the Lord's Test against India after he submitted a not guilty plea to a charge of affray, leading to his trial date being set.

Stokes missed the Ashes tour after being suspended from playing for England.

The other two men - Ryan Ali, 28, and Ryan Hale, 26 - also entered not guilty pleas.

Sensex, Nifty jump almost 2% higher amid global rally
Equity markets on Monday turned encouragingly buoyant as Sensex posted its biggest gain in intra-day trade since March 2016. Nifty and Sensex closed down by almost 16 and 44 points at 10,227 and 33,307, respectively, from the previous close.

Kawhi Leonard could return as early as Tuesday
Leonard, 26, missed the team's first 27 games of the season due to right quadriceps tendinopathy before playing December 13. Leonard said during the week that he would return to action soon, but he did not give a date.

Melrose Raises Offer for GKN to $11.2 Billion to Sway Investors
GKN shares were 2.5%% higher at 446p in early trading on the FTSE 100 - changing hands below the raised takeover price. Melrose has kept the cash part of the deal the same but raised the equity part from 1.49 new Melrose shares.

The powerful all-rounder, now with the England squad in New Zealand, looks set to miss the second Test against India at Lord's, with his trial set for August 6.

The Durham all-rounder will be absent from the Second Test against India at Lord's, which begins on August 9.

He has since returned to action with England and played in all five ODIs as they secured a 3-2 series win, claiming the man-of-the-match awards in the second ODI in the process.

The said incident happened in September which allegedly left a 27-year-old injured - a fractured eye socket.

Mr Stokes is accused jointly with Ryan Hale and Ryan Aslam Ali.

The defendants were also warned that if they failed to show up, a warrant would be issued for their arrest. They were also strongly advised to provide defence statements, setting out in detail their case, by May 22.